Dion (狄翁)（在希腊语中意为“宙斯之城”）考古遗址位于 Pieria（皮埃里亚）地区，距离塞萨洛尼基约 30 分钟车程。此处有一座大型的宙斯神庙以及许多规模较小的神庙，还有一座距今已有 2,200 年历史的希腊女神赫拉的精美雕像。亚历山大大帝正是在狄翁集结了西征大军。
It is one of the biggest museums in the world for Byzantine heritage, housing an impressive 2900 artifacts of the early Christian period and the middle and late Byzantine period –its permanent exhibition. The museum accommodates temporary exhibitions from all over the world, while continuing to organize a variety of special educational activities.
佩拉的新博物馆建于 2006 - 2009 年之间。新馆的建设与展品的陈列都获得了 Third Community Support Framework（第三社会支持框架）的支持。
第一组展群描绘的是佩拉的日常生活。其中最为重要的展品是 Houses of Dionysus（狄俄倪索斯之屋）的马赛克地板，以及 Houses of Wall Plasters（Wall Plasters之屋）的 the Abduction of Helen（诱拐海伦）马赛克地板。此次发掘对了解佩拉的日常生活提拱了大量信息（家具、模具和服装的修复等）。
第四组主图展群是从佩拉古城的墓地发现的文物。埋藏的年代从铜器时代、铁器时代、几何与古朴时代（公元前 9 世纪至 6 世纪），古典时代（公元前 5 世纪至 4 世纪）以及希腊化时代（公元前 3 世纪和 2 世纪）。出土的物品对当地人的语言（希腊语中的多利斯方言）以及丧葬习俗等提供了信息。
⇠ Thessaloniki 70km ⇠ Polygyros 16km
Nea Olynthos lies next to the site of ancient Olynthos (+1.5km) and is the modern counterpart of the Byzantine village of Myriofyto. It is said to have taken its present name from its founder, Olynthos, brother of the Thracian king Rissos. Others claim the name comes from the hero Olynthos, son of the river god Strymon.
• Ancient Olynthos. It was located on the heights east of the present village. The area is fenced and the entrance is at the southwest foot of the heights. The location of the city has been known since the 19th century. The people in the area called it “Pirgos” after a Byzantine tower that was build there to protect the “metochi” of the Mt Athos monastery of Kastamonitou. Only the foundation of this Tower is preserved today, at the southern end of the city. For 100 years Olynthos was the most important city of Halkidiki. Its foundation goes back to mythical times. The city was destroyed in 480 B.C. by the Persians. The evidence from the excavations show that the archaic city, which was a continuation of the prehistoric one, was built on the southern hill. The north hill seems to have been the area of the new settlement of the Chalkideans. The accuracy of the city plan of Olynthos helps us understand how the Ippodamio city planning system was applied. Although the ruins are remarkable, the findings of the excavations are exhibited at the Museums of Thessaloniki and Polygyros.
• The ruins of the Byzantine church of St Nicholas, a structure of the 10th or 11th century.
• North of Olynthos, at the site known as Mariana, there is a fortified tower dating from the 14th century, built by the Docheiariou Monastery on Mt. Athos.
• About 7km from the village is the site of the ancient city of Mikyverna, the port of Olynthos, which must have been destroyed when Olynthos was laid waste by Phillip II in 348 B.C.
✓ can’t miss this!
Walk through the ancient roads of Olynthos and admire the perfection of the architecture.
More about Ancient town Olynthos
The area was constantly inhabited since the Neolithic Age. According to mythology, the town was built by the brother of Olynthos, the son of the mythic King of Thrace, Strymonas. Olynthos was killed by a lion and his brother built the town to honour his brother’s name. However, the linguists insist that olynthos is the name of the wild fig tree, which is in abundance in the area, and the town was named after it.
Around 650 BC refugees from Pieria, hunted by the Macedonian army, settled in the area. The Persian army destroyed the town in 479 BC. and offered the region to their allies from Evia (Halkida). Later on, Olynthos joined the Athenian Alliance and then the Community of Halkida (Evia). From this alliance the town gained great profits (mainly financial). So, it became the capital of the Euboan colonies in Halkidiki and was able to support a huge army (about 20.000 soldiers). During the Peloponnesian War the area grew more, had its own monetary unit and provided protection to all the Euboan refugees in Greece.
When the Macedonian State faded, the army of Olynthos conquered its territories and reached the ancient town of Pella (389 BC). In 382 BC, after a three year-long siege, the Spartans captured the town and destroyed the Euboan Community. Nevertheless, the town quickly recovered and became wealthy and powerful again. In 348 BC the Macedonian Army, under the command of Philip II, conquered it and destroyed it. The town was never again inhabited and its destruction is remembered as one of the darkest moments of the entire ancient world.
⇠ Thessaloniki 40km, ⇢ Polygyros 23km
Reference to Galatista dates back to as early as the end of the 9th century AD, while later, after the Ottoman occupation in around 1500, the village became the property of Ishak Pasa. In the area below Galatista, near the church of Agia Paraskevi, the ancient settlement of Anthemous is thought to have been located. Anthemous was a city that ruled the surrounding region, which was known by the same name. Anthemous was granted by the Persians to Macedonia. King Amintas I then presented the city as a gift to Hippias the tyrant, son of Peisistratos, who refused the offer. The art of icon painting flourished in Galatista during the 19th century. Today, Galatista is a picturesque village with narrow alleys, old houses, and beautiful churches.
• The churches inside the village. Galatista has the greatest number of churches out of all the villages in Halkidiki (St George - 1813, Panagia - 1835, St Demetrios - 1830, St. John Prodromos -1835, St Paraskevi - 1835, St. Nicholas -1842).
• The tower and the 2 watermills in front of the tower, built in the 14th century.
✓ can’t miss this!
10km east of Galatista, following the national road Polygyros-Thessaloniki, is the magnificent monastery of “Anastasia Farmakolytria”, founded in 888 AD by the Empress Theophano (wife of Leon VI the Wise).
More about Monastery of Agia Anastasia Farmakolytria (Mountain Halkidiki)
The monastery of Agia Anastasia Farmakolytria (St Anastasia the Curer) stands near Vassilika of Thessaloniki, at the foot of Adrianos, one of Mount Hortiatis’s summits. It was built in 1522 by St Theonas, who later became metropolitan bishop of Thessaloniki. During the Turkish domination, the monastery owned many acres of land but it was destroyed and was rebuilt from scratch in 1830. Today, it belongs to the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople and honors St Anastasia on the 22nd of December.
T + 30 23960 22440
E. Heuzen and N.Hammond posit that this was the site of the Battle of Pydna (168 B.C.), the outcome of which being the subjugation of the Macedonians to the Roman Empire.
The ruins of a Bishop's Palace from the 5th-6th C. was found to the east of the railway line from Thessaloniki to Athens.
A square tower, 80x90 m. was found situated on the Ancient Road from Pydna to Dion. The area was built on a plan which included four fortified towers, within the confines of which a 3 chambered Basilica and a Bishop's Palace, bounded by a covered aisle have been found.
The foundations of the buildings from 479 AD are probably those of the seat of the Bishop of Pydna.
The Bishop's Palace was built on the ruins of the 2nd century baths, a mosaic floor having been found beneath its floor, and to the East of the Palace is a villa with mosaic floors dating from the time of Konstantinou and the foundations of a building which were probably those of the local tax collector's offices.
The plan with four towers remained until the time of Justinian, when its fortified character changed due to the enlargement of the warehouses and workshops for the production of wine and olive oil. It was destroyed by an earthquake in the middle of the 6th Century, after which the church was rebuilt on the central slope, the previous building area being converted into a cemetery.
The town must have been abandoned during the Bulgarian invasion at the end of the 9th Century. Today's visitor can see three of the towers, the Bishops Palace, the mosaic floors of the 4th C villa, the tombs, the springs, the ovens for baking the tiles and those in which glass was fired.
The theatre was accidentally discovered in 1992, on a natural slope and it probably belonged to the ancient Macedonian city of Mieza. The cavea has fifteen rows of seats carved in the rock. The scene complex comprises the built proskenion which has a facade with doric semi-columns and the skene which is unfortunately preserved in a poor conndition. Its capacity is estimated at 1,500 people. The theatre was constructed in the late Hellenistic period.
After its accidental discovery, in 1992, the excavation of the monument began and is still conducted by the archaeologists V. Michailidou and V. Allamani.
Two kilometres from the Thessaloniki–Kavala national highway, just above the mouth of the River Strymon, is the archaeological site of ancient Amphipolis (a city founded in 437 bc) and the Archaeological Museum.
The museum is housed in a new building that was completed in 1995. The finds are displayed in chronological order and comprise the following groups: the prehistoric period (from Mount Pangaio and Ketil Tepes Hill); the Archaic period (from Kasta Hill and the Iron Age cemetery at Amphipolis); the Classical and Hellenistic periods (from the Archaic Gymnasium, the Hellenistic cemetery, the Hellenistic house, and from excavations on the archaeological site), the Roman period (mosaics from a Roman house and from excavations in the local cemetery); the Early Christian period (from five Early Christian basilicas at Amphipolis); and the modern era (from a chapel found at a low elevation near Nea Amphipoli).
Address: Amphipolis, GR 650 52 Serres, Macedonia, Greece
Opening Hours: Tuesday–Sunday: 8.00–14.30
It is one of the most high-tech museums in Greece and Southeastern Europe, featuring a planetarium, a star theatre and a motion simulator with 3D projection, as well as several exhibition spaces.
在塞尔迈湾西海岸，距 Makrigialos（马克里嘉洛斯）以南 1 公里，您就能看到 Kitros 主教的拜占庭城堡废墟。这些废墟、城堡的西大门（与教堂相对），还有一间客栈、若干浴室以及一座小型单室寺庙的地基于 1983 - 1992 年之间相继被发现，而整个遗址的发掘工作是由 Thessaloniki（塞萨洛尼基）的拜占庭考古学会进行的。Byzantine Pydna（拜占庭彼得那古城）如今仅存部分遗迹。彼得那古城曾在公元 6 世纪或 7 世纪更名为 Kitros，在 14 世纪之前一直是中世纪 Pieria（皮埃里亚）最重要的城市。
城堡中有两座基督教长方形教堂，建于公元 4 世纪至 6 世纪，其中距今最近的一座教堂在 913 - 924 年保加利亚人占领堡垒期间被毁。10 世纪后叶，一座高 23.20 米、深 16.60 米并带有圆顶和回廊的大型教堂在此处建起，并以马赛克、壁画和一些精湛的雕塑为装饰，这无疑就是 Kitros 大教堂。
Kitros 是当地政权的所在地（拜占庭帝国统治下的行政地区之一），行政上隶属于韦里亚地区，11 世纪至 12 世纪这里是砖瓦制造中心，同时也是一座繁忙的贸易港口。这里出土过一座完整的带有熔炉的陶瓷工厂，并且在港口区域发掘了一个 12 世纪带有浴室的客栈，这些都很好地证明了以上说法。随着 1204 年法兰克人的到来，Pydna（彼得那）的全盛时期宣告终结，堡垒前面出土的文物表露出，整个聚居区曾遭遇围攻、焚烧和洗劫。
在大教堂被烧毁之后，当地社区在港口附近靠近客栈的区域建起了两座小型的单室神殿。考古人员在这一区域的外围和附近发现了一片墓地，墓穴的顶部覆以瓦片。1343 年，Ioannis Palaeologos 与 Ioannis Kantakouzinos 为争王权展开了内战，正统君主 Ioannis Apokafko 派兵围攻并拿下了堡垒，同年秋天又被土耳其上将 Amour 拿下。
至 15 世纪后叶，因持续受到海盗的侵扰，当地居民放弃了这一城池，迁徙至今天的 Kitros。
与 Monastiriou 路立交桥入城出口相隔约 500 米，铁路主线建有新站，经过 Kordelio – Evosmos 市的行政边界。
建筑时间为 19 世纪后期（ 1891 年至 1894 年），当时的塞萨洛尼基是奥斯曼帝国的一部分。火车站由意大利建筑师 Pierro Arigoni 设计，他还在 1911 年设计了 Casa Bianca 的建筑。
The Museum of Photography is the only state-run museum in Greece under the supervision of the Hellenic Ministry Culture and Sports specialized in the photography medium.
It operates as a museum but also as a center and festival organizer.
Through its actions it reveals a view point to the public on: a) art, since the aesthetics of the medium are not different from that of the fine arts, b) technology, through the use of digital applications, c) human sciences, as photography discovers the world and its social dimension. Its goal is to approach the different uses and applications of photography (document, trace, artwork, photojournalism, industrial photography, advertising, etc.).
It was founded in 1998 and since 2001 is located at the Port of Thessaloniki (Warehouse A, 1st Dock). Since 2006, based on a new strategy and in the framework of its mission, the museum is operating around the axes of memory, rencontre and discovery, by targeting on actions of local, national and international level, through the following activities: planning and executing series of exhibitions based on thematic cycles, compiling archives and collections, publishing catalogues and informational material, organizing educational programs and the Photo Biennale (international photography festival). At the same time, it encourages dialogue and meetings through “portfolio reviews”, the establishment of awards, the organization of open discussions (series “Words and Images”) and thematic meetings, but also the realization of parallel events in collaboration with other institutions.
⇠ 距离塞萨洛尼基 61 公里
它是哈尔基季基州首府，位于该地区的中心。波利伊罗斯位于 Holomontas 山脉南坡，海拔为 550 米。其名字的灵感源自绵延起伏的群山深处蜿蜒曲折的小道。因为该地区曾经有一个寺庙，另一种解释是“聚集地”或“非常强大”，指的是气候良好并且可能“聚灵”或“非常神圣”。自拜占庭时期以来被称为波利伊罗斯，在 1821 年 5 月 17 日，该地区爆发了哈尔基季基起义。如今，小酒店和宾馆可提供住宿服务，而酒馆和古朴的茴香酒酒吧则提供传统的地方风味小吃。波利伊罗斯全年都在举办各种文化活动。
• Karaganis 大厦设有民俗生活馆。
• Metamorfosi 教堂 (Transfiguration)：建在古老监狱内的拜占庭教堂和壁画。
• St. Demetrios 教堂，它于 1871 年在巴瑞斯建立。
• Prophitis Elias 乡村教堂 (Prophet Elijah)。
• Saint (Agios) Modestos 教堂以及由阿索斯山僧人于 15 至 16 世纪绘画的圣人图像。
• 沿着前往 Taxiarchis（位于综合医院上方）的道路向下行驶 6 公里可到达 Tsoukalas 地区，可从此处鸟瞰整个乡镇。
• 在 Paleporta 的地区，与波利伊罗斯相距不远的地方有一个阿波罗尼亚古镇，位于该城西南方。在这里，游客仍可以看到城堡城墙的部分基体。
狂欢盛宴：在于上周日举办狂欢节上，盛大的花车游行将为期 10 天的活动推向高潮。
由于 Taxiarchis 拥有圣诞树森林，塞萨洛尼基大学林业部便在此处设立了分部。
该博物馆收藏了从整个哈尔基季基地区发现的各种有趣的考古文物。展品包括来自奥林索斯的泥人和硬币、托罗尼的花瓶、卡利塞亚的宙斯阿蒙神庙的屋顶部分、阿卡索斯（现耶里索斯小镇）的圣物箱、渔民用具、灯具、珠宝和古玩，以及斯特拉托尼的神化英雄圣所的公元前 1 世纪的女人雕像。（更多信息：电话 +30 23710 22148）
古城拥有卫城，是神话人物 Acropolis 的故乡，坐落在 Leptokarya 古镇与 Skotina 之间，位于奥林匹斯山上、下部分界线的大裂口入口处。
古城的发掘工作由塞萨洛尼基的 Byzantine Society of Thessaloniki（拜占庭考古学会）于 1954 年开始进行。由于这里时常遭遇洪水，从而形成了 Zilianas 河床。
整个考古区域面积延伸超过 1,500 平方公里（包括古城、卫城和墓地等），周围由河床环抱，古老的悬铃木植被将其覆盖。
- A）一座封闭的卫城（面积约为15 stremmata），形成的时间可追溯至希腊化时代。此处显示出 Grivas torrent（格里瓦斯湍流）河床的踪迹，急流冲刷后在两岸留下的淤泥对古城周围由方体石块砌成的城墙起到了保护作用。
- c）一处古代墓地，可追溯至史前时代至早期希腊时代（ Mykenes 、铁器时代以及早前的历史时代）