Wide, sandy and fully organised beach, in front of the homonymous villages. During summertime it gathers crowds of visitors. It has all kinds of restaurants, bars and facilities for all water sports.
⇠ Thessaloniki 97km ⇠ Polygyros 59km
This is an old village, known since the 18th century, which now has transformed into a popular tourist resort. Polychrono is very lively in the summer, with a long beach, lots of tavernas and bars along the coast road.
Three kilometers west of the village, at 300m above sea level, you will find Mavrobara Lake, a site of considerable ecological interest. It was declared a protected natural monument in 1997 and it is the only wetland with both rare species of the Emydidae turtle. There are walking trails around the lake, with natural springs and lots of rare plant life to admire.
✓ can’t miss this!
The 1km of the beautiful beach is ideal for snorkeling
⇠ 距离塞萨洛尼基 107km ⇠ 距离 Polygyros（波利伊罗斯） 45km
是位于锡索尼亚东部的一处海边度假胜地，其中混杂分布有各种私人民居、酒店和出租屋。它也是塞萨洛尼基亚里士多德大学教授们喜爱的假日综合酒店。海湾周围零星散落有 90 多个小岛，其中为人熟知的最大的岛屿即是 Diaporos（贾波罗斯岛）。
• Kriftos 海湾（隐逸湾）极为有趣。此海湾隐藏在 Diaporos（贾波罗斯岛）北部地区，过去曾是海盗们的天堂。
• 对于潜水爱好者来说，Vourvourou 镇礁区令人难忘，这一处珊瑚礁位于海下 18-22 米，是希腊海洋世界中独一无二的存在。
• “长城”(Megas Tichos)是 Vourvourou 镇北部的一座小半岛，因至今留存于世的古长城而得名。
在“Livari”湿地或者 Vourvourou 镇浅海湾地区享受垂钓的乐趣
Large, clean and fully organised beach in front of the homonymous settlement. You can find all kinds of restaurants, bars and facilities for water sports. It is connected with the beach of
Astonishing sandy beach with white, thin sand and a plane-tree forest, situated in front of the homonymous village. It has restaurants, taverns, bars and cafeterias, as well as facilities for water sports
⇠ Thessaloniki 91km ⇠ Polygyros 66km
Olympiada lies on the north-eastern coast of Halkidiki, on the road to the Athos peninsula. It was built by refugees from Asia Minor on the site of the ancient Stagira. At that time the location was known as Limbiada, because according to tradition it was here that Kassandros exiled the mother of Alexander the Great, Olympiada. The modern village, set in a natural harbour and stretching along a fine beach, is surrounded by green mountains and magical coastline, attracting large numbers of tourists the summer.
• Ancient Stagira: Ancient Stagira located about 500 meters southeast of the current settlement of Olympiada, on a small, mountainous and beautiful peninsula called “Liotopi”. The city occupied the two hills of this peninsula, i.e. the coastal North and a greater South, which are separated by a low strip of land. The location of the city is known as the birthplace of Aristotle. The excavations in the region began in 1990. The most impressive piece that was brought to light is the wall, at the top of the hill that was built in the classic years.
• The privately-owned island of Kapros (or Kafkanas), opposite Olympiada at a distance of about 2 miles. Behind its port there are traces of a small settlement. One can see two water cisterns and the ruins of a structure which must have been a two-storey building, which -according to legend- was a church.
• An exhibition center with photographs, archaeological findings, and folklore items.
• Between Olympiada and the picturesque mountainous village Varvara, the 15m high Varvara’s waterfalls.
✓ can’t miss this!
Each year, at summertime (7 July), cultural events are organised here. The “Aristotelia” take place within the archaeological area, continuing this age-old feast.
Loutra Agias Paraskevis: Beautiful, sandy and quiet beach, 2km, away from the village of Agia Paraskevi, with the homonymous thermal baths. It has small taverns.
⇠ Thessaloniki 110km ⇠ Polygyros 72km
Agia (Saint) Paraskevi is located in the inland of Kassandra, surrounded by a pinewood. It was named after the church of Agia Paraskevi, which is situated in the village. The Agia (Saint), as the habitants call the village, has a rich historical tradition and it was ruined three times by the Ottoman conquerors -the last one was in 1821. The visitor has the chance to wander around the peaceful alleys of the village and escape through beautiful routes that are traced in the woods.
The village is best known for its healing springs, whose sulphur-rich waters are believed to help in curing various ailments. The spa is 5km outside the village. Facilities include pools, saunas, steam baths, showers, hydromassage, for individuals and groups. The spa provides treatment and rejuvenation, a relief from the stress of a fast-paced modern lifestyle. All offered within a superb environment, with medical advice and support available. Information H +30 23740 71358 & 71810 fax: +30 23740 61439
✓ can’t miss this!
The springs of the spas are located in small caves in the rocks along the coast. The visitor can descend by a steep cement stairway.
Small sandy beach, in front of the homonymous village. There are taverns and cafeterias.
⇠ Thessaloniki 130km ⇠ Polygyros 55km
The village was built at the narrowest point of the Athos peninsula, where Xerxes had a channel dug in 480BC to allow his great fleet to pass. Nea Roda is the largest of all the refugee villages of northern Halkidiki, founded immediately after the Asia Minor catastrophe at the location known as Provlakas, by forty refugee families. It is now a resort town with a fine beach, hotels and camping sites, bars and tavernas.
The channel was 12 stades in length (about 2,900m) and was wide enough to fit two triremes. It can just barely be made out today but it will be reformed soon.
✓ can’t miss this!
Admire the sunset while walking around
the beautiful village
Alykes: Beautiful sandy beach with a few trees.
Megali Ammos: A quiet beach with a beautiful landscape and a view over the rocky islets Drenia.
Agios Georgios: Splendid beach with sand and clear waters. There is a restaurant.
Karagatsia: Very quiet beach.
Kalopigado: Small lovely beach.
Nisakia: Tiny, quiet beaches on the northeast side of the island.
⇠ Thessaloniki 119km (to Tripiti port)
⇠ Polygyros 57km (to Tripiti port)
This is the only island in Halkidiki with a permanent population since its formation. About 600 people arrived as refugees from Asia Minor after the catastrophe. Until 1925 Ammouliani was a dependency of the Vatopediou Monastery of Mt. Athos; two or three monks lived here to administer the monastery’s estates. The island has a surface area of 4.5km. There are hotels here, as well as rented rooms
and studios, camping sites, picturesque tavernas (serving fresh fish), cafes, bars, night clubs, supermarkets, etc. The island has wonderful beaches with picturesque bays. It can be reached by ferry from Tripiti and lies just two nautical miles from the coast.
• The majestic church of Agios Nikolaos, built in 1865 on the island’s central square.
• The old shipyard or “Arsanas” is an important landmark of Ammouliani. It is a typical example of the distinctive architecture of Mount Athos, where the monks used to shelter their boats when the weather would not allow them to sail safely.
• The building of the old school (the oldest school in Halkidiki, dating back to 1871).
✓ can’t miss this!
The most beautiful beaches of the island are Alikes, Megali Ammos, Ai Giorges,
Karagatsi, Faka, Tsaska, Nisakia
With its sandy beach, awarded the European "Blue Flag", this seaside village is close to the Neolithic settlement of Makrigialos.
This settlement dates back to 5,000 BC and is one of the largest to have been found in Europe.
The hilly nature of the area, with its fine views of the Thermaic Gulf, and the combination of sea and peaceful landscapes offer the visitor an idyllic environment.
Makrigialos is home to one of the most important mussel "farms" in Greece, producing the greatest quantity and highest quality of this delicacy to be found here.
Here you will find more attractive fish taverns bordering the sea offering traditional cooking with local specialities such as oysters and mussels. There is no shortage of Hotels and rooms to rent for the visitor.
Situated 22 kms from Katerini, the region's capital, Makrigialos is accessible from The National Motorway E75 (Junction: Nea Agathoupoli), the Old National Road from Thessaloniki to Katerini (Junction: Makrigialos) and from the recently completed coastal road which runs from Olympic Beach (Katerinoskala) to Nea Agathoupoli.
Another beautiful beach with rich golden sand, also holding the European "Blue Flag", this is a mere stones throw from Ancient Pydna. Only a short walk away is a unique historic monument, the ruins of the castle of the Byzantine Bishop of Pydna.
These are the only visible remains of Byzantine Pydna, which in the 6th and 7th century was called Kitros, and is now the spiritual home of the Bishopric of Kitros Louloudies.
Near the Beach of Pydna lies "Koutsouro", a quiet and isolated beach.
There are Hotels and Rooms to Rent near the beach in both Alikes Kitros and the village of Makrigialos.
In the fish taverns and Ouzeries* of the region you can taste the local specialities
Situated 21 kms from Katerini, the region's capital, Makrigialos is accessible from The National Motorway E75 (Junctions: Korinos or Nea Agathoupoli), the Old National Road from Thessaloniki to Katerini (Junction: Alikes Kitros or Makrigialos) and from the recently completed coastal road which runs from Olympic Beach (Katerinoskala) to Nea Agathoupoli.
*An Ouzerie is typically a small restaurant or bar serving Ouzo, which is usually accompanied by "Mezedes", snacks of fish, taramasalata, eggs, olives and so on.
Sikia - Kriaritsi: Splendid sandy beach in a beautiful landscape with a view over the islets Skepes, Ahinoi and Petalida.
⇠ Thessaloniki 152km ⇠ Polygyros 90km
One of the oldest villages in Halkidiki, and formerly known as Logos, once belonged to the Megisti Lavra Monastery -according to Athonite documents. There are various explanations of how the village came to be called Sykia. The first explains the name as meaning the ‘shadow (skia) of Athos’; the second interprets it as a corruption of Singos, name of an ancient city in the vicinity, and the third claims there was once an ancient fig tree (sykias) in the center of the village. This is a traditional village, with narrow streets and quaint old houses. There are rooms to be rented in Sykia and the surrounding area, as well as camping sites and tavernas much prized for their local meat dishes.
• The old quarter of Sykia, where many neighborhoods remain as they were in the middle of the 19th century.
• The Church of Agios Athanasios, dating from 1819, which was twice burned down. Next to it you can admire the remains of the old school, built in 1870.
• On nearby Koukos Hill are the remains of a castle; excavations has shown that the area had been inhabited since the 11th century BC.
• The windmills on the long sandy beach of Sykia, built around the middle of the 19th century.
• The ruins of the church in Episkopi, a 20 minute walk south of Sykia.
✓ can’t miss this!
Swim at the amazing beaches of Kriaritsi and Kalamitsi.
Astonishing beach with thin, like sugar, white sand and impressive grey rock formations around it. It has restaurants and taverns.
Vina: Beautiful sandy beach, next to the peninsula Liotopi, after Stratoni.
⇠ Thessaloniki 111km ⇠ Polygyros 63km
Stratoni, a coastal village built in the gulf
of Ierissos, numbers today approximately 1000 residents. In this region, ruins of the Roman Period have been found. The foundation of Stratoni as a constituted settlement dates back to the mid 19th century but has always had an unbreakable tie with the mining activity.
In 1932 the village was extensively damaged by an earthquake. In the following years, the village was almost entirely rebuilt from the start.
An ancient war memorial, which was found in the region (1st century b.c.) presenting impressive statues, tomb, vessels, e.t.c, indicates the position were the city Stratonikia flourished. From this, two statues clearly stand out, a man’s and a woman’s (the woman has been named “Lady of Stratoni”), which can be admired in the Museum of Polygyros.
✓ can’t miss this!
The cultural events that the residence of Stratoniki organize, such as: Carnival festival, St Varvara’s feast which lasts 5 days (in beginning of December)
A very beautiful beach with a view of Olympus and the legendary Castle of Platamonas, combining sand and pebbles and clear blue sea, it has consistently been awarded the European Blue Flag of excellence. A particular feature is the rich vegetation surrounding the village.
The beach is supervised and is the perfect place for a family holiday, as well as welcoming all types of visitor who are looking to enjoy themselves. There is a harbour suitable for small craft at your disposal.
The Castle of Platamonas, a historic monument of the area, is the venue for theatrical productions, musical concerts and other cultural activities within the framework of the Festival of Olympus.
During the summer months our visitors are made to feel welcome at the great number of hotels and rooms available to rent in all categories, as well as the supervised campsites, of which there are many to be found in the area.
Restaurants, fish taverns, ouzeries, snack bars and other catering establishments offer the visitor a wide choice of dishes.
A great number of cafe-bars, refreshment bars, clubs and discos cater for the entertainment of out visitors from dawn to dusk and on into the night.
Situated 40 kilometres from Katerini, access is easy from the National Motorway E75 (Junction: Platamonas) and from the railway (Station: Platamonas).
Sandy beaches with fine pebbles and rich vegetation, a European Blue Flag holder, Leptokarya is situated on the edge of Olympus. Supervised and safe, it is suitable not only for families but also for every category of visitor.
It is near the settlement of Paleia Leptokarya and Ancient Livithra, site of the tombs of the mythical Orpheus and the Monastery of Kanalon (12th century).
Particularly during the summer months there is an excellent tourist infrastructure, with many hotels, guesthouses and rooms to rent in all categories.
Restaurants, fish taverns, ouzeries, snack bars and other places where you can feast yourself to your heart's content offer a wide choice of tastes for every visitor.
Many cafes, cafe-bars, refreshment bars, clubs and discos are there to take care of your pleasure and entertainment for the night. Every type of shop is available and you can purchase whatever you need in the many different shops at your disposal.
Situated 25 kilometres from Katerini, with easy access from the National Motorway E75 (Junction: Leptokarya) and the railway (Station: Leptokarya).
Perhaps the most beautiful beach of Sithonia. White, thin sand, turquoise waters. Small and quiet beach.